Ready to be a Member Director?
As a MyLife MyPension member, you are able to nominate your interest in being considered for the position of Member Director, subject to your eligibility under the Board Appointment and Renewal Policy and Fit and Proper Policy. The appointed Director will sit on the Boards of Togethr Trustees Pty Ltd (the “Trustee”) and Togethr Holdings Pty Ltd, and will represent the Equipsuper Superannuation Fund and the MyLifeMyMoney Superannuation Fund (referred to as the “Funds”).
Nominations open on Wednesday 15 July 2020 and must be received by us by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday 29 July 2020.
It is important that our Board of Directors have the skills and experience required to set the strategic direction of the Funds in the best interests of members. Presently, the Trustee Board comprises four Employer Directors, four Independent Directors and three Member Directors, with one Member Director vacancy.
In addition to the general skills requirements, the Trustee Board has determined that for the available Board position, it is seeking members with position-specific skills in investments and finance.
A candidate must meet the minimum skills and qualifications requirements. An external party independent of the Trustee Board and Management has been engaged to assess the skills, education, qualifications and experience of all persons offering themselves for appointment as a Member Director. You are encouraged to read the Board Appointment and Renewal Policy, Fit and Proper Policy and Member Director Competency Statement to ensure you understand the Funds’ requirements.
Probity checks, including Police and Bankruptcy checks, qualifications authentication and conflicts declarations will also be required.
Existing Directors are also eligible to stand for re-appointment.
There will be one Member Director position available in the 2020 appointment.
- have been a member of Equipsuper, Catholic Super, MyLife MySuper or MyLife MyPension for at least 90 days, at the time you nominate yourself;
- satisfy all the requirements of the Trustee's Board Appointment and Renewal Policy, including the general eligibility criteria and the position-specific skills requirements; and
- be aged 18 or over at the time of your nomination.
The successful candidate will be expected to take office from 11 October 2020.
If you are interested in becoming a Member Director, you should download the complete Candidate Information Pack [ZIP, 4.7 MB], which includes:
- the nomination form and relevant probity check forms (consent for bankruptcy search; consent to obtain personal information; national police check application form; disclosure of duties and interests; and statutory declaration regarding foreign convictions);
- Member Director Competency Statements, which includes details of the qualifications criteria;
- 2020 Trustee Guidebook for Director Candidates;
- Board Appointment and Renewal Policy;
- Fit and Proper Policy; and
- Conflict Management Policy.
To nominate yourself as a candidate, you must:
Review the competency statement to ensure that you meet the minimum eligibility criteria for qualifications, education and experience.
- Complete the nomination form.
- Attach a copy of your curriculum vitae to the nomination form.
- Complete the probity check documents listed in the nomination form.
- Lodge your nomination by returning:
- the completed Nomination Form;
- a curriculum vitae; and
- the completed probity check documents.
The completed documents may be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations close at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 29 July 2020.